Monday, November 12, 2007

Tattoo Boy

Here he is.....Mark Eason Mizell, III. By the looks of the picture below, you would think Eason likes to be clean cut, neat, and put together. This is not true. When Eason gets older he has informed Mark and I that he is going to have "millions" of tattoos, ride a motorcycle, live all by himself and have thousands of dogs. This brings us to the title of the post. If you look closely, you can see the remnants of several tattoos on Eason's left arm. To love tattoos is an understatement. This child LOVES tattoos. Every Friday (and we have had to agree on just one day a week) Eason gets to buy a tattoo from his elementary school P.E. teachers as an ongoing fund-raiser.
One of the main reasons why I decided to blog was to remember the funny things my children say. So, here goes the conversation between Eason and I this weekend while driving to downtown Decatur, AL.



Eason: Hey mom, there is a tattoo place. (He knows this because he can read just about

anything now.)

Mom: Yep, sure is.


Eason: Will you drop me off there so I can get a REAL tattoo?


Mom: No way, you have to be 18 years old to get those. (I don't know if this is really true, but

that was the best I could come up with right then.)


Eason: Then will you take me there when I'm 18?


Mom: Not then either. I don't like tattoos.......especially on my sweet little boy.


Eason: (After a short pause.....) Mom, it's not like you can just jump into my life.


Mom: What do you mean by that, Eason?


Eason: You know, you can't be one of those people that think you can just jump into my life and

tell me how to make my decisions. Just because you don't like tattoos doesn't mean that

I don't!!!


Mom: (At this point, what do you say? The 6 year old has won yet another argument!)


What will the post high-school years be like for us? I am afraid I don't want to know!!!!!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Suzanne! I'm enjoying reading your blog and hearing all of your hilarious stories. A & A have gone on so much about how cute your house is... Any chance I could walk through it sometime?? :) You've inspired me already with apple green walls and black & white striped curtains. Sounds right up my alley.

I was really writing to ask about photographers. Do you have someone that you use and recommend to take pictures of your kids? I'd appreciate the help.

Thanks, Suzanne!
Katie Braddock

The Mizell Family said...

What a surprise to hear from you, Katie! I check out your blog quite a bit! You have 3 beautiful girlies!! I saw one reeeeally cute little AU cheerleader that will be starting school with one of my cute little AU football players. Actually, they will be starting school together? Are you planning on them going to FEB?? We love it there. I feel a co-homeroom mom coming along in the future.........he he he

I would love for you to come and see my house.....I'm not promising it is as cute as A & A think it is, though. But, I would love to see you and the girls.

Yes, I do know of a wonderful photographer in H-town!! She is wonderful AND reasonable.....hard to find!!! Get my # from Ashley and I'll certainly hook you up, girl!!! :) I have used her for years with the boys and LOVE LOVE LOVE her!

Thanks for the comment and I'll look forward to hearing from you soon.

Suzanne