Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Eyeballs, Puppies, and Bonefish

This past weekend, me, mom, and the boys went to Memphis. For those of you that don't know....that is where I go to get my artificial eyes made. This, however, was the first time for the kiddos to come along. It took lots of convincing, but Eason finally realized that my eye was made from Mr. Thomas (the ocularist) and not God (for it is He who makes everything in the eyes of a 6 yr. old). Mr. Thomas was so sweet to show Eason his drawer full of collectibles. Eason now wants his mommy to get a "University of Tennessee" gag eye. ( The office had a few weird eyeballs out there for Eason to see.......he saw the UT eye, the "cat eye", and also the Harley Davidson eye.) As for me, I think I'll just stick with the 'ol brown eye!!





We also visited the Build-a-Bear workshop in Collierville, TN. The boys LOVE going here. If you've never been, then we highly recommend going sometime. Since the boys want a dog so desperately bad, they both decided to make puppies instead of bears. The picture above is of Eason and Coleman giving their new pets a "bath."




Here are the final products...........Eason made the NBA all-star puppy. He named him Corduroy. Coleman made the other puppy and also named him Puppy.




We also had the opportunity to go to Bonefish Grill with Mimi. I have been telling her about it for a long, long time. She loved it and so did I. I highly recommend the shrimp and scallops with the pan-Asian sauce. And also, you HAVE to order the Bang-bang shrimp appetizer. YUM-O!



By the time we had gotten to Bonefish, Colecat was worn completely out. He fell asleep in my lap in the booth








2 comments:

Darby said...

Suzanne! Thanks for your post on my blog, in fact, I just found yours earlier today on Ashley's... what a small blogging world! :) I'm glad we can stay in touch now! :) Ok, so I have to ask you about those eyes... do you get a new one ever-so-often? And... do you take it out? I knew you had an artificial eye but never knew the details of how you obtain one! This is all knew to me... and since you brought it up... please enlighten us! :)

The boys are just precious... and getting SO big! Can you believe it? Keep posting pictures... they are just precious!!!

The Mizell Family said...

Thanks for the comment,Darby! To answer your questions.....
1) I just had a "socket reconstruction" surgery in June. I had to get a new eye after that, but that was the first one since 1999. I only have to get a new one about every 8-10 years.
2) Yes, I can take it out. I don't very often, b/c there's really no need too. The funny thing is.......one of my chemistry students has made a deal w/ me. If he makes an A for the 1st semester, then I have to take my eye out. The kids at school are fascinated by it! It's pretty funny!

Sorry for the delay in answering your questions. Feel free to ask whatever you want....it doesn't bother me in the least.....unless you ask, then you'll never know, right?

Suzanne